Tuesday, December 9, 2014

New Poem Published: Pacing [Op. 51]

My poem, "Pacing", is featured at the very tippy-top* (*Will soon move down the line) of the Poetry Forum of Mad Swirl. Since unfortunately these things get lost in the jumble pretty quickly as far as forums are concerned I'll post it here for a little more posterity.

P.S.- Do you read Portuguese?

Pacing
Back
           Forth
Back
           Forth
“Do you have
To pace like that?”
Asks my Mom,
“You make me
Nervous when you pace
Like that.”
I sit down
But she doesn’t understand
I pace because
Movement of the body
Better facilitates
Movement of the mind
I pace because
I’m too excited
To sit still
I get an idea
I need to walk it
In order to find
Out whether
It has legs
To stand on

And when I’ve sat back down
I have my answer

No comments:

Post a Comment